Animal Biology

Lodging annual reports


Further information

Confirmation of enrolment

Confirmations of enrolment are mailed from mid-December.

Information sheet

A UWA student

Submission of your annual progress report acts as an application for re-enrolment.

  • Even if you are on suspension, you are still required to lodge an annual report.
  • The due date of your annual report is the anniversary of your enrolment.

School review

The School has a process for reviewing annual reports to ensure that any problems are identified within the School.

Once your report has been prepared to the satisfaction of your supervisor, submit your report to your review panel.

Arrange a meeting with your review panel and supervisor, during which the review panel will complete the Annual Review form.

Finally, submit your report and the review panel form to the Graduate Research Coordinator.

Step one: Complete student section

Complete all student information in the Annual Report form. You will also need to provide a summary of your progress. Details of this appear in the form below.

Annual Report [PDF, 450.3 KB]
Updated 11 Jan 2018

Step two: Supervisor section

Arrange for your co-ordinating supervisor to complete the supervisor section of your annual report.

Your co-ordinating supervisor will need to consult any of your other supervisors to complete this section.

Step three: Lodge report by due date

Obtain all the appropriate signatures and submit the report to the Graduate Research Office by the due date.

You will be re-enrolled for the next academic year, if you:

  1. have made satisfactory progress
  2. do not have any outstanding debts to the University.

Re-enrolment for students who have not made satisfactory progress will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Coursework units

You will need to lodge a separate re-enrolment form each year to nominate coursework units in you are enrolled in combined/PhD programs, such as:


  • If you are suspended, you will not be re-enrolled until you notify the Graduate Research Office that you have returned to study.
  • If you miss the due date, you need to lodge a re-enrolment form as well as your annual report with the Graduate Research Office. You may incur a late fee.
  • Your re-enrolment cannot be processed if you have a debt with the University (such as a library fine) even if you have lodged your report on time. Clear any outstanding debts before, at the latest, the end of November of each year.